Paediatric Orthopaedics is the study and treatment of growing bones, joints and muscles. Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery is a valuable and powerful tool in the rehabilitation armamentarium for improving musculoskeletal function in several childhood disorders.
Conditions treated under Pediatric Orthopedics are:
- Traumatic injuries
- Bone and Joint Infections
- Neuromuscular Disorders, e.g., Cerebral Palsy, Poliomyelitis, Spina Bifida, Muscle Dystrophy
- Congenital Malformations, e.g., Club Foot, Congenital Vertical Talus, DDH, etc.
- Spinal problems
- Limb Deformities, e.g., Bow legs, Knock knees, Torsional problems, Flat Feet, etc.
- Perthes disease, Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis, Coxa vara
- Burns Contractures
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Postural disorders, including Backpack injuries and Computer Related Injuries